At IHM-A we endeavor to provide our students and users outstanding educations and experiences in our Institute and ancillary areas. We value your trust and faith in us in delivering you a superior level of education.
We request you to read this policy document carefully before sharing personal information with us. By visiting our web sites, we assume, your acceptance to the practices described in this policy document.
This policy document covers the following areas relating to privacy of information provided by you:
- Personal information collected by IHM-A from its students and users
- How does IHM-A use the personal information collected from its students and users
- How does IHM-A share the personal information collected from its students and users, including with third parties
- Non personal information collected by IHM-A
- Links to websites of third party marketers
- IHM-A’s policy regarding protection of its students and users’ personal information
- How long does IHM-A retain your personal information
- Should you want to opt out
- Dos & Don’t to ensure your security
- Get in touch for any clarifications
Personal information collected by IHM-A from its students and users.
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may be gathered by IHM-A to serve you better. At various touch points with our students and users, we may collect the following personal information including, but not limited to: your name and contact information; date of birth; how you prefer to be addressed in communication from IHM-A, preferred modes of communication; your job designation and business address; spouse name, anniversary, credit card details, including the three-digit code that appears on the back of your credit card; your interest in our Institute/ancillary areas, your transaction history at IHM-A; offers you have availed of from third party marketers in response to communication from IHM-A. We may also record details on students and users who have studies or are studying at IHM-A, including their names and contact details.
Besides the above, we may also collect the following:
- When you fill out a form (online or hard copy), stating in your application when you study at IHM-A, information which may include details relating to health matters.
- User name and password selected by you when you register at our website or become an applicant of our courses at our website.
- When you enrol on our courses online we collect your personal information and record your email and password.
- If you choose to register for a course online we record student data and users in the group and other relevant details crucial to the application process.
- When you contact us with your questions or comments, these will be recorded as a part of the data gathering and information analysis processes.
- From time to time, our website may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic link or otherwise refer a friend, associate or family member.
- To fulfill your request, IHM-A may require personal information about the person to whom you are sending an electronic link or referral, including name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include.
- Using this feature is tantamount to entitling us to store and use the recipient’s name and email address.
If personal information from individuals under 18 years of age is being submitted on-line, as a parent or legal guardian, your permission to allow your children to submit personal information would be taken as consented for the purpose of the application process.
Only information related to your nationality, religion or caste may be required for the fulfilment of statutory requirements and will require to be volunteered by you to complete the application process. We may use any health-related information provided by you only to serve you better and meet your specific needs when you study at IHM-A.
How does IHM-A use the personal information collected from its students and users
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us and we take it very seriously. We do not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers. We use your personal information to provide you with the education you request from IHM-A, to help you register, to provide you with information on IHM-A, to send you promotional material on hospitality education by email, direct mail and phone, to conduct surveys from time to time, to make you offers sourced from third parties, per your stated preferences or usage pattern exhibited at IHM-A.
How does IHM-A share the personal information collected from its students and users, including with third parties within the IHM-A network:
As a global institution, to ensure that you enjoy the same level of exposure across all our Institute and ancillary areas, affiliated around the world, we may share your personal information with IHM-A within our educational network around the world. While doing so, IHM-A will ensure that your personal information is handled and safeguarded as per this policy.
- With third parties:
- We use the services of third party service providers to provide certain support and extension services like credit card billing, registration, call centre services, management of the referral programmes, mass mailings, for which it is necessary to provide personal information. These parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than those specified by IHM-A. We may provide information that is non-personal, to certain education providers for their use on an aggregated basis for the purpose of performing their contractual obligations to us.
- IHM-A expressly prohibits the sale or transfer of any information to any party outside of IHM-A by such service providers. From time to time IHM-A may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with any co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor.
- In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, IHM-A in its sole and absolute discretion may transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- IHM-A with or without prior notice to you, may have to share your information in order to comply with applicable laws or respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities or to comply with valid legal process, to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of IHM-A, its students and users, employees or the public or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain or to respond to an emergency.
Non-personal or anonymous information collected by IHM-A
Information that does not personally identify you is referred to as non-personal or anonymous information. When you visit and interact with the sites www.ihmaurangabad.ac.in or any associate sites or third parties with whom IHM-A has contracted to provide education, non-personal information, like, list of website pages visited by you, could be collected. Technology like cookies could be used to help you deliver content per your preference, to help you process your reservations or other requests. While this cannot be used to disclose your identity, this information will identify your browser to our servers when you visit our site. To remove the cookies at any point from your computer, you can delete them using your browser.
We also may collect data by using web beacons, clear GIFS, pixel tags or similar means, which will tell us when you visit our site. Non-personal information like the domain name, the areas of the site you visit, your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you visited from, can be identified, which can be used to enhance your online experience by understanding your web usage patterns.
We may use or disclose non-personal information for any purpose from time to time since this does not personally identify you. For instance, we may embed e-mail addresses with images. In such cases where we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as per this policy.
Links to websites of third party marketers
From time to time, we may allow third party advertisers to advertise on our websites. These third party advertisers may use technologies like cookies, pixel tags to track which ads your browser has seen and which site pages you may have visited.
IHM-A has no control over the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
IHM-A’s policy regarding protection of its students and users’ personal information
IHM-A takes precautions, including administrative, technical and physical measures- to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, unfortunately no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. For your own privacy protection we advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
How long does IHM-A retain your personal information
IHM-A will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy document, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted/mandated by applicable law.
Should you want to opt out
If we possess your contact information, we may want to keep you posted about our products, servicess and events, through email. Should you prefer not to keep up to date with IHM-A news and latest information on educations and receive such marketing materials, please send an email to email@example.com.
We will update your preferences as soon as reasonably practical. However, do note, if you opt out of IHM-A’s emailing list, as described here, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with which we have already shared your personal information, prior to the date of your opt-out request.
Dos & Don’t to ensure your security
- For your own privacy we advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
- If personal information from individuals under 18 years of age is being submitted on-line, as a parent or legal guardian, your permission to allow your children to submit personal information would be taken as consented for the purpose of the application process.
Get in touch for any clarifications
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org